Where are your project sponsors? They’re not here and that’s part of the problem.
So how do you management upwards in the absence of your sponsor.
Example: Public sector organisation.
• Assess org. chart and core team.
• Rank sponsors – most cooperative to least. Get assistance by enlisting the most supportive to help bring the others on board.
• That helps build momentum.
• Educate those new to sponsorship, explain their roles, enabling them to fulfil their roles.
• Assess the current situation, assess the stakeholders
• Enlist a guiding coalition, get some supporters
• Articulate needs, in language appropriate for your audience.
• Educate upwards
• Use passion, persistence and patience
Project sponsors can be managed
Strongly agree 18% Agree 60% Disagree 20% Disagree strongly 2%